Monday, June 30, 2014

The Happiness in Simplicity

It doesn't matter whether it's sitting around a fire in the backyard and watching kids run across the yard catching lightening bugs, visiting the local orchard to pick apples or strawberries, watching the excitement on my oldest daughter's face because she swam across the pool on her own or the delight of my youngest as she fearlessly jumps in the pool from the side, or an afternoon spent in the company of family whether it's out on the back porch or around the dinner table, my children I found remind me everyday of the happiness that can be found in the simplicity of life.

I know I am not alone on this. Most of us live busy, hectic lives these days. Even as much as the day to day grind of work, money, running a household, and even raising our kids can stress us out and even lead to tension with the ones we love, I love seeing how even with as busy and demanding as our lives can be these days so many of us have gained a deep appreciation for the happiness we can find in life's simple moments. As crazy as those little boogers can make us at times, whether it's as grandparents, parents, aunts or uncles children remind us every day what is really important in life. Live in the moment and love with everything you have.

Maybe some of this enjoyment I see so many of us finding in our day to day lives comes because we're older and we're wiser, but I think there's also something to be said for what we can learn from watching and surrounding ourselves with children.


                             
                                      I never imagined how much enjoyment they truly would bring.











 
Most Recent Post
 
 
 
 
June's sales for Moms, Monsters, Media & Margaritas, my book about motherhood and family in our 21st Century digital world, is closing today.  Get the ebook here or purchase a copy of the print version here.   The print copy is 20% off with the code JFS20 through the end of the month! The ebook is now available on Barnes and Noble and Amazon for $5 or less.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment